The Church seats about 200 people and is usually open throughout the day. It was built around 1200 and extended in the 13th Century. The chancel, nave and aisles date back to the 14th Century. There are fragments of medieval stained glass with coats of arms in the chancel north window and the north aisle east window. There are also two commemorative 15th-16th Century brasses.
The tower dates to the 14th and 15th Centuries and on the outside of the tower, towards the top, there are gargoyles and a blue clock which faces east, and is dated 1806. The Church has a Tudor-arched west door. The clerestory and the north west aisle window are from the late 18th Century.
Like the rest of the Church building, the font, organ and pulpit are still used today. The font is from the 14th-15th Century and is octagonal with cusped panels and shields. St Nicolas’ shield (blue with three gold balls, possibly to represent the three bags of money St Nicolas gave away) is on the front. The organ and organ loft is to the back of the church and has a 19th Century railed gallery. The pulpit is from the 19th Century.Like the rest of the Church building, the font, organ and pulpit are still used today. The font is from the 14th-15th Century and is octagonal with cusped panels and shields.
Some rebuilding and restoration occurred more recently, such as the nave roof being rebuilt in the 19th and 20th Centuries. When it was rebuilt it is possible that some of the original tie beams and carved bosses were reused. Also, the central section to the east side was rebuilt with a window in the early 1900’s. The window shows the letters ‘R S’ in wrought-iron, that is, the initials of Robert Sutton, the patron of the 19th Century restorations.